The word “feeder” in English means manger. The fishing is a type of feeder rods. First, the feeders are used to fish the bottom. These rods are provided with different apex whose stiffness can be varied. Rod has been successfully used for any fish, food which comes closer to the bottom of the pond.
Feeder ahead of any other type of rod when it comes to bottom fishing, because the design includes special enough volumetric feeders that allow the fish to lure a point manner – just where the head is thrown.
Replacement apex is the difference that makes a feeder different from the other spinning products. In fact, the feeders and the spinners are made of the same material – carbon. The handle is made of neoprene. Rod may contain a different number of bends – from three to five.
Types of feeder rods
Feeder rods have their own special classification. Typically, the rod is determined by the type of test – the relationship of the structure of the rod and the weight of the load, which you can use this rod to throw.
The classification of feeder rods are two intermediate and three basic types. It includes an intermediate types such as Medium-heavy and Light-medium. Consider the main types of detail.
1) Heavy feeder rod (heavy feeder). With this rod you can cast into a pond load a maximum weight of 120 grams. This rod is perfect for catching fish in a big pond, wide lakes and rivers with a large current. Using this type of feeder rod usually make a throw of about 100 meters. There is a stronger version – super-heavy (extra-heavy), which allows to throw the cargo weighing more than 120 grams. These rods have been used successfully in the event that it is necessary to abandon the goods at a very far distance, as well as if the water area is great.
2) Average feeder rod (medium feeder). With it usually throw a weight of 40 to 80 grams. Excellent for angling fish in small streams, during which there is an intense, but also in small ponds. This cargo throw no more than 50 meters.
3) Easy feeder rod (light feeder). When using this type of feeder you can throw a weight of not more than 40 grams. Ideal for fishing in shallow waters with no need to throw away the goods.
Types vershinok used for feeder rods
Each apex designed for feeder rod has a special classification, according to their sensitivity and many other parameters. Sensitivity vershinok feeder imply an effort that should be attached to apex bent at right angles. Traditionally, this parameter is measured in ounces. Apex of this parameter can be very diverse – from the most subtle to the hard bend. Finer vershinki can bend even under the influence of a small wind.
Thus, the degree of sensitivity (stiffness) vershinki feeders can be divided into:
1) hard – such vershinki used for fishing in strong currents
2) medium – with the help of vershinok fish on rivers with moderate current, or by tangible wind in standing water
3) soft – these vershinki ideal for fishing in reservoirs with slow current and standing water
Rules for the choice of feeder rods
Before choosing a specific feeder rod, you must clearly understand the conditions in which you plan to fish, which are reservoirs for fishing and bird feeders which are used for bait fish.
The choice of the length of the feeder is not a difficult task. Think about how far you plan to throw the bait to the fish – the greater the distance, the longer should be feeder rod. The length of the feeders themselves varies. The longest rod – 5 meters, and the shortest -3.3 meters. There are special variants of rods that can change their length by means of dismantling the mini knee. To date, the average conditions are usually the most popular rod length from 3.6 to 3.9 meters. With a length of feeder rods can easily throw the feeder to the required distance and fish on a fairly strong current.
In completing each feeder rod includes three vershinki that can be replaced. To find out the type vershinki, no need to make complex manipulations – enough to raise each of them horizontally and give them bend under their own weight well. This will determine the degree of stiffness and hence of sensitivity. It is generally recommended to have on hand replacement vershinki belonging to different types of stiffness.
Other characteristics, which should be selected feeder rod, not so obvious, but no less important. As mentioned above, the feeder rod may be made of carbon fiber, but also extended to other materials, such as composite and fiberglass. Rods of carbon are the most expensive options.
Before making a final decision to purchase a particular feeder rods must be straight before you buy it to assemble and disassemble. This is necessary in order to be able to check whether it is flat, how perfectly tapered towards the top, and how well the same ring. All elbows should be placed tightly enough, but it is well removed. Before you buy you should also ensure that the form has no scuffs, no scratches, no cracks even more. Be sure to check the integrity of the handle and make sure that the spool holder is in good condition. Look to carbon inserts feeder rings are smooth and not in a rickety condition.
Replacement vershinki must also submit to you some interest, since it is the part of the feeder rod, which is most often defective. The handle is best to choose cork. The ideal situation would be the butt with a special insert, weighting it. With this insert the rod will have a better balance and grip will be subject to much less wear, especially in the vertical setting.
Produced feeders are not cheap at the price – there are as openly expensive options, and options that are in the middle price range. It is worth remembering that a good thing is never cheaper than ever.